SPW Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issy and I pictured in 'Horse' magazine!  (Read 1966 times)
mousydun

« on: Feb 21, 13, 09:51, PM »

Horse magazine featured an article on adults who ride ponies which I responded to and won star letter! We got our pic in the mag and also won some vouchers  Grin

Linda Emmerson
Super Hero Member

Acorn

« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 13, 02:25, PM »

Well done!
Kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 13, 02:37, AM »

Congratulations! Cool

I agree on how wonderful Shetties are for small adults to ride! Which issue of Horse mag is it? It might be available in Australia still.

Hope you have fun spending your vouchers.

I am a small adult in my early 40's (cough, splutter) and enjoy riding my Shetties for much the same reasons that you do, though we enjoy trail riding, only doing basic stuff compared to you & Issy. One Shettie is a retired broodmare who had only been a mum, the other Shettie is a young gelding, so the three of us are just starting out. Now, they both love being out, ridden bareback or under saddle, walking around the countryside. People do stare, but if they stop & say hello, they soon realise that I'm the only one who is hot... the ponies don't even raise a sweat!   

After riding my Shetties, I will never need or want to ride any other type of horse! Grin
mousydun

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 13, 04:13, PM »

I'm so pleased to hear of another adult who rides their shetties!  Grin Out of all my ponies, Issy is my favourite to ride as she is just so much fun and I never feel like I miss out as she can well keep up with friends on bigger ponies and cobs. The only thing we can't do is jump big jumps, but I don't really fancy doing big jumps much now anyway. She can easily jump up to 2ft and when your pony is only 3ft 6" to the withers, a 2ft jump is plenty big enough hehe!

The magazine is the April issue 21st feb - 20th march.
morwyn

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 13, 05:24, PM »

You look so good. I am tempted to see if my driving mini has been broken to ride, it`s not my weight but the fact that my feet would be on the floor!!!!! I have always preferred a pony, had a 14.1 for 20 years and we hacked everywhere, going to places that a larger steed would have found impossible! Can I ask the size of your shetty and your weight/height?
Louise White
SPW Megastar

Treaky

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 13, 11:57, AM »

Loving the fact that more adults are admitting that the prefer their ponies to bigger horses. I went from ponies to horses and now in my late fifties, cough cough, I am back onto ponies again. Love them to bits and boy do they keep you fit.
SPW Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: