SPW Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TCHIPITO AND ISLA  (Read 9566 times)
sue moore
Global Moderator
SPW Megastar

« Reply #50 on: Nov 02, 08, 09:55, AM »

They look so well JC, all down to you, well done  Smiley Smiley

SUE

That which doesn't kill us, make's us stronger !!
JAFFACAKES
SPW Megastar

shelmeg gracie

« Reply #51 on: Nov 30, 08, 08:26, PM »

at the start of the week i had to get the vet out to isla who had an abcess on her right side of her cheek. at first we thought it must be coming from her teeth but after a close look the vet found she had a thorn that had got stuck and then infected, while he was out we decided to have her teeth checked.i was rather nervous when he brought out the contraption to open her mouth but isla was very brave and got it on without much fuss at all. only when he tried to rasp the two teeth that were sharp did she object and even then she only threw her head from side to side, considering she wouldnt have had much vet care at all in her life i thought she did remarkably well and the vet gave her a mild seditive to finish the job. after a couple of days on antibiotics her abcess has cleared up great.
tchipito is blooming, i felt her baby kick and move on tuesday evening, what a feeling that was Smiley the problem i am having now is tchipito has become very agressive towards the other horses in the stables, twice she has kicked the gate off completely, it does not seem to be food related as she has done it both times after feeding is over and they were all quietly eating their haynets, i have now moved her into my back stables where she is in a large stable with isla stabled two beds up from her just to give her a bit more space. she has also flew at sam when i had brought them in together from the field,  i could see no reason for this, sam was at my right side and facing away from her patiently waiting for my friend to put him in his bed. and yesterday when taking them out to the field tchipito turned and began to kick out at isla, once in the field she is happy to stand along side and graze with them,i am now bringing her in and out alone, with my friend taking another of my cobs infront of us, i have never had this problem before with a pregnant mare, is ther anything else i should do for her apart from giving her more space in the stables and to and from the fields?  any advice would be gratefully recieved
JAFFACAKES
SPW Megastar

shelmeg gracie

« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 08, 09:30, PM »

a couple of pics of the girls

* leasley anne with isla.jpg (129.08 KB, 750x563 - viewed 207 times.)

* tchipito.jpg (123.24 KB, 500x375 - viewed 219 times.)
Frances Taylor
Super Hero Member

Beanbag!

« Reply #53 on: Apr 15, 10, 01:05, PM »

Oh wow!  I have just found and read the whole fred!  I am thrilled, so happy and WELL DONE YOU!  (I am now crying!)

They look amazing and you have done so much.

Mares can go "funny" when in foal.  You could try a mineral lick bucket for her just to keep her topped up with all the right ones.

Piccies, more piccies and the foalio too.  Fingers crossed.  I am so happy you have done this.  It is amazing.

xx

PS  Charlot continues to go from strength to strength.  He is growing up and changing every day.  It is a joy to watch - I also think the Shetlands are very good for him and have forced him to have a sense of humour about life in general!  He did take things very seriously before.

blondesquirt

:) Cheeky Chaapie Charlie! :)

« Reply #54 on: Jul 26, 10, 01:29, PM »

I give you a really big pat on the back. Many people wouldn't even dream of doing ehat you have done and are carring on doing. Be extramally proad of yourself!

Smiley BlOnDeSqUiRt Smiley Females who are allergic to housework get miniature shetlands!:)
SPW Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: