SPW Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: acorns  (Read 324 times)
jackie

« on: Sep 17, 17, 12:03, PM »

hi guys, my names Jackie, I live in the south of England, I haven't joined in with you all for years, (where have those years gone)Huh anyway, I've lived here 22 years, only had slight problem with acorns in autumn, this year, blankets of them in nearly every field, i'm out there acorn picking all the time, having to keep ponies in two small paddocks that don't have the acorns, besides hand picking them up, or scooping them up, anyone know of a quicker, less back aching way to clear them, I have 4 Shetland miniature ponies, and I standard, I dwarf, I stallion, all lovely quiet boys, somebody please tell me theres some sort of modern machine to pick these little devils up, I really will try to get on here more,such a lovely site,
sue moore
Global Moderator
SPW Megastar

« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 17, 01:47, PM »

Hi Jackie, we have one paddock that has an Oak tree in, we just get the horses/ponys off and leave the acorns to the squirrels, works for us, beats bending down to pick them all up Grin

SUE

That which doesn't kill us, make's us stronger !!
jackie

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 17, 12:15, PM »

hi sue
thanks for replying, ive just wondered down into my bottom field, theres at least 5 oak trees there, i'm not sure where to start,and I have three other fields the same, the two I've fenced off, isn't quite so bad, but still buckets full, thank goodness we fenced them off, ponies getting pretty bored though with the little paddocks they are in, but hey ho, better than being ill, truly must be a bumper year around here for acorns, I think i'll invent a machine for these acorns, could be a millionaire, haha,  Smiley
SPW Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: