SPW Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seeing RED  (Read 2578 times)
Holly

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 06, 11:44, AM »

Before I had shetlands (many moons ago, approx 23 years or so) I used to have "so called proper horses". I owned a beautiful Hanoverian/Thoroughbred that I used to event . I have had horses all my life and can honestly say that my shetlands give me the most pleasure, have the most character and are by far the most clever equines I have ever owned. When people talk about "proper horses" I can only imagine they have never owned a shetland and know nothing about them. I started with a shetland as a companion and ended up with no big horses but lots of shetlands!!!! Tongue

Rushetts Stud
tessa morgan
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 06, 12:59, PM »

Here, here to that Holly. Shetland ponies have a wonderful sence of fun and purpose in life. Been in horses all my life. My parents feel the same always laughing at them.
shirl
SPW Megastar

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 06, 09:08, PM »

The one thing i love is being at a show and a big horse stopping or shying away from a shetland.......my answer to the horse is......this is a proper horse, sorry for the shock!! hahaha
shirl

jackie

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 06, 09:23, PM »

well, what a damn cheek those girls have got, none of my ponies are bad tempered ,theyre gorgeous and lovely, some people make me want to slap them,i had someone keep asking me how my donkeys were ,i soon put them right, not that i don't love donkeys, but a donkeys a donkey and a shetland pony is just that,a pony,i also used to have people call my tea shoppe a cafe, and that used to annoy me too,blimy, got me on my soap box now,hehe
caz
SPW Megastar

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 06, 10:52, PM »

I have to agree girls, doing the parade today at Totnes all the kids were cooing at the shetlands and you could hear it as we walked around, those that dont know or rather dont want to know the characteristics and qualities of the shetland pony im afraid are narrow minded and beleive the old wives tales of them being nippy and kick, if you treat them like a dog instead of the pony they are what do they expect.

caz
Littlemac
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 06, 08:55, AM »

You know - I told those girls that if some people  stopped treating Shetland ponies like a pampered pet then they would discover what hard working and rewarding ponies they are - Mac leads out the ancient New F/Arab on hacks - giving the old lad (who should know better at his age) giving him confidence - - -
It stretches to dogs as well - I am a poodle fan but you would'nt catch me with any bows or ribbons - poodles were orginally working dogs and the last one I had was more handy than my brothers terrier at sorting out any rodent problems in the chicken shed .....
The vet in our village has a beautiful shetland stallion - but he is not an ambassador for the breed - - - approx 2 years ago he got into a field with some old blokes old pony and killed it -
this pony frightens me - - - ....... :x
Andrea Dymott

« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 06, 11:01, AM »

Seeing the remarks about confusing Shetlands and Donkeys, my dear old mare, long since grazing in the Golden Pastures, used to masquerade as a donkey every year at the Christmas Carol service, as there were no donkeys in the area. She used to stand behind the manger at the Nativity Service, being as quiet as a mouse and as clean as could be, much to the delight of all the children. She was HOse Sonya for those who might remember her.
Chris

www.lotuspoint-stud.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 06, 11:14, AM »

Here Here i agree,i also had big horses in my youth,but then 25yrs ago the real horse came into my world,and to be honest theres lots more fun having Shetland Ponies than the bigger horses.Well done to all that promote such a wonderful breed.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

melliver
Global Moderator
SPW Megastar

mickey mouse

« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 06, 02:41, PM »

LINDA U WERE LUCKY WITH UR POODLE,MINE COULDNT COPE WITH OUT HER RIBBONS WEEKLY HAIRDRESSERS APPOINTMENT,SHE HAS A BETTER WARDROBE THAN ME AND IF SHE SAW A RODENT WELL I THINK SHED SCREAM LOUDER THAN ME LOL XX Cheesy Cool

Littlemac
« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 06, 07:54, AM »

:lol: no I was unlucky with my poodle as I kept pet bunnies and she was like a lethal weapon around them ... I would have quite liked her to be gentle and not roll in cow poo and stuff not normally expected from a classy pooch !
SPW Forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: