SPW Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Three in 2012  (Read 15756 times)
ponylady

« on: Feb 03, 13, 01:58, AM »

Cry
I lost three favourites in 2012; two Shetlands and an aged QHx of 28 years.

Phil was the very first Shetland I bought myself when I turned 50, a truly beautiful blue dun with a gorgeous head and a very quirky nature.  She was my token 'Blond' of the herd.

The second was Blue, a lovely roan gelding given to me as he was nervous when in crowds, but loved kids and old people and kept my idiot smaller geldings in line in the herd.

Lastly the Old Man, Ashen, the horse I learnt to ride on in my early 40's and when retired with back tumors made it impossible to be ridden, he saw out his years with me; loved and cared for as was his due after many years teaching kids and uncoordinated adults to ride.

RIP my lovelies.

* Phil (a).jpg (74.56 KB, 516x409 - viewed 256 times.)

* Blue - Summer.jpg (35.57 KB, 317x292 - viewed 273 times.)
Margaret Smith
Super Hero Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 13, 09:48, PM »

Losing then is so hard but it is the last act of love we do for our beloved friends. to lose 3 in the one year is hard indeed.
ponylady

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 13, 04:53, AM »

It was hard.  Ashen and Blue were to be expected, but losing Phil was devastating.  She was only young and due to someone thinking they knew better.  Dropped a fence because it was easier to remove their calf than to go round via the gates and long drive, and didn't secure the fence afterwards.  She got out onto an open highway and was hit by a truck (lorry) and killed almost instantly.  I've never spoken to those responsible, I don't want too, as I may not be able to resist the urge to bash them with a pipe.
SPW Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: